Job Reference: CBSRC-036237
Client Name: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Brooklyn Heights, OH
Salary: Salary not Determined
Job Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: Jul 29 2010
To respond to inbound verbal inquiries, complaints, and compliments identified by members, providers and other external customers. Responsible for conducting research, providing education, and interfacing with internal and external entities to resolve issues of concern, to provide service recovery whenever possible, and to process requests To ensure the ongoing provision of quality in a customer-focused environment designed to meet or exceed member expectations for advocacy, service, and education, accomplished in an effective, efficient and compassionate manner.
Answer, research and resolve inbound calls from members, providers and other external customers, documenting each contact accurately per established departmental requirements.
Maintain a thorough and current comprehension of all aspects of the following systems:
- Common Membership, BETS, Access, Diamond, PIMS, KP Health Connect, Lumina, EMI, Texas Imax, KANA, Image Repository, Lexica, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word & excel spreadsheet.
- Ensure each call coded and documented correctly, per established departmental requirements, this responsibility is critical, as it feeds the databases used to report satisfaction statistics regionally, enterprise-wide and to our regulatory and accrediting agencies. Further, senior quality council to identify trends, and recommend improvements for deployment in all areas where member's issues identified and data used, complete, concise and accurate documentation is further critical to maintaining an accurate history of member interactions with the Plan.
- Ensure that national standards pertaining to telephone quality achieved and maintained in compliance with established goals for target and stretch in this critical area of performance
- Minimum of three years of customer service experience in the healthcare industry
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by an associate's degree in business or its equivalent
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel applications
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm as verified by typing test
- Ability to pass a grammar assessment
- Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Exceptional listening and communication skills required
- Exceptional time management self-motivation ability to manage competing priorities excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Associate's degree preferred
- Additional coursework in medical terminology is preferred
Primary Location: Ohio-Brooklyn Heights-Member Service Call Center 5500 Lancaster Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Working Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Job: Customer Services
Public Department Name: Customer Relations
Travel: Yes 5% of the time
Job Eligible for Benefits: Yes
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.