Catholic Charities Health and Human Services
- Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Secretariat for Catholic Charities Health and Human Services and Catholic Charities Services Corporation.
- Operate passenger van in transporting people, equipment, material and supplies in accordance with traffic regulations pertaining to the assigned vehicle.
- Assist in loading and unloading equipment, material, and supplies.
- Assist client(s) in transferring to and from the client(s) home which includes helping the client into and coming out of the vehicle; assisting the client to and from the trip destination point as necessary to assure that client(s) safely reach their destination.
- Take necessary precautions to ensure the safety of passengers, equipment, and cargo.
- Service vehicle as required with gas, oil and coolant and perform other preventative maintenance tasks as required to maintain vehicle according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Clean and wash vehicle as necessary, inside and out, to remove salt deposits, dust, dirt, or other debris.
- Check all headlights, taillights, turn signals, brake lights, hazard lights, and tires; exhaust system, hand brakes, etc., to verify safety systems of the assigned vehicle are in proper working order. Maintain records indicating date, items inspected, defects noted, repair dates, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years of licensed driving experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- A verified safe driving record in the State of Ohio with no greater than four (4) points, and provide a copy of license. Driving record will be obtained through Motor Vehicle Abstract.
- Must have a documented signed statement from a licensed physician stating there are no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with safe driving, passenger assistance, emergency treatment activity and jeopardize the health and welfare of a client or the general public.
- Must pass an alcohol and drug test conducted by an institution approved by the Ohio Medical Transportation Board.
- Must have good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to document services delivered.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR or attained within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Must have a certificate of completion of a Defensive Driving course attained within six (6) months from date of hire, with a 4 hour refresher course every three (3) years thereafter.
- If transporting older and/or disabled adults, must have a certificate of completion of a DRIVE – Transporting Older and Disabled Adults course attained within six (6) months from date of hire, and complete a DRIVE – Refresher course every three (3) years thereafter.
- Must complete bloodborne pathogens and wheelchair securement trainings within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to show patience and courtesy when working with people.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
7911 Detroit Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44102
Alternatively, you may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website www.clevelandcatholiccharities.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer