2-1-1/First Call For Help maintains information on nearly 2,000 health and human service agencies serving Cuyahoga, Geauga and Medina Counties. Together, these agencies offer over 10,000 different services available to you.
Unlike 4-1-1 for directory assistance and 9-1-1 for emergency calls, 2-1-1 is for non-emergency calls related to health and social services and is free!
Information provided through 2-1-1 includes such services as:
- Basic needs such as food, clothing, housing and utility assistance.
- Health and mental health resources such as Medicaid, Medicare, community clinics, support groups and counseling
- Work support such as job training and education programs.
- Financial management, budgeting, tax assistance and credit counseling programs
- Supports for older adults and persons with disabilities such as adult day care, Meals on Wheels, home health care and transportation.
- Youth and family services such as Head Start, recreation programs, parenting help, child support and custody, mentoring and tutoring …and much more, including agencies that accept your donated items
- Re-entry/ex-offender programs and services.
The database contains detailed information on each program including a description, eligibility, required documents, intake/access method, fees, hours of service and phone numbers. In addition, we have information on the agency, such as its web site, name of the executive director, year organized, travel instructions and other items.
Simply call 2-1-1 from any phone to be connected or visit www.211cleveland.org to search the database.